VENUES & D I R E C T I
O N S
1180 Raritan Road
Clark, NJ 07066
Look at a huge array of books, hang out in the cafe, and enjoy some jazz.
- Right near Exit 35 off the Garden State Parkway.
Meyersville Road, Meyersville
221 Glenridge Ave.,
This is a bookstore with an attached cafe. The bookstore part is open until 9pm.
Required visit for all comic book buffs.
- The Book Center is located near the center of Montclair. Glenridge Ave. is a one-way
street running toward Bloomfield Ave. (the main street through Montclair). Find public
parking across the street from the Clairidge Cinema (garage entrances are on the side
streets, not Bloomfield Ave.). Please call for more detailed directions.
24 Main St. (Rt. 124),
Shanghai Jazz is a Chinese restaurant with a bar; one of the best in the area! Saturday
night $20 dinner minimum with 2 seatings: 6:30 & 8:30; open seating & no minimum
at the bar section. The 3/23/97 Sunday New York Times featured the restaurant and its
music and rated the cuisine as VERY GOOD. The Daily Record gave it an EXCELLENT rating.
Parking behind the restaurant with a rear entrance.
- The front of the restaurant is on the north side of Main St. (Rt. 124) in the western
part of downtown Madison (near the Rt. 124 and Park Ave. split).
TAVERN & BREWERY
1 Mill St.,
Great home brewed beer and food with a comfortable tavern atmosphere. One block from
the main intersection of Mt. Airy Road and Rt. 202 in Bernardsville (formerly known as
- From 287 North. Get off at Mt. Airy/Bernardsville Exit 26B. Go to the light and make a
right. Go 2 miles down Mt. Airy Rd. thru the next light (Rt 202). The place is 100 yards
(beyond the light) on the left.
- From 287 South. Get off at exit 30b - Bernardsville. Make a left at the light (Rt. 202).
Go 2 more lights into the center of town and then bear right (at the island w the
flagpole) The place is immediately on the left.
- From 78 E or W. Take exit 33 Bernardsville. Make a right off the exit. Go 6 lights into
Bernardsville. The place is 100 yards (beyond the light at Rt202) on the left.
9 Mt. Bethel Road, Warren
Excellent modern American cuisine in a wonderful setting.
VAN GOGH'S EAR
1017 Stuyvesant Ave.,
Comfortable living room decor with chairs, sofas, tables, art on display and books
for browsing. They serve dinner, coffee, tea, and desserts. $4 per person music
charge. In the center of Union, on Stuyvesant near the corner of Morris St.
- From Garden State Parkway heading South. First exit after Union Toll Plaza: Vaux Hall
Road. Bear right, stay on Vaux Hall Rd. for about one mile. Turn left at Stuyvesant Ave.
(Edwards will be on your right). Van Gogh will be on your left.
- From Garden State Parkway heading North. Exit 139B onto Chestnut St. Go under bridge.
Stay right. Go thru light. At circle (small canon) bear right. This is Stuyvesant. Follow
1.5 blocks. Van Gogh is on your right.
- From US Route 22. Take 22 to Morris Ave., Union (Highway 82 West). Take Morris Ave. to
Stuyvesant. Make right. The Ear is on your right.
- From I78 (or US Route 24, which merges with I78). I78 to the Garden State, then go South
and follow the directions above. Alternatively, you can exit I78 at the Springfield/Union
exit. Then make a left at the 2nd traffic light onto Morris Ave. (Highway 82 East). Stay
on Morris until you reach Union (it's several miles and a number of traffic lights).
Stuyvesant is the main street in Union, which crosses Morris. You want to make a left on
Stuyvesant, but you can NOT. You are close and you can maneuver from the intersection.
The Steve Minzer Trio